Shepherd of the Valley...
Seeking the lost for Christ.
Strengthening each other through Christ.
Serving others in Christian love.
We are a group of Christians (friends of Christ) in northwest Denver who believe, love and serve Jesus. We want to share the true Jesus – the Jesus of the Bible – with you. Join us for worship and get to know who Jesus is according to the Bible and what he means for you today.
Visit one of our worship services.
Troubled? Confused? Filled with questions and doubts?
Our pastor would be happy to speak with you and share with you guidance from God's word.
Looking for Christian instruction for your family?
Send your children to our Sunday School, Lutheran Elementary School, Vacation Bible School, and visit one of our Bible classes.
We want to get to know you. We want you to get to know us.
We preach Jesus Christ, our crucified and risen Lord, the only Savior for all the people of the world. Everyone needs the Savior, for all people have sinned against God and only deserve His anger and punishment.
We believe that the Bible is in every word, God's Word, completely true and the only source and authority for Christian faith and life.
We want what God wants, that "all people be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth." We want to share with you and everyone the message of God's love in Jesus Christ.
Where do we stand?
We stand on Jesus!
- "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" -Romans 3:23
- "The wages of sin is death" -Roman 6:23
- "He (Jesus) is the atoning sacrifice for our sins (the payment for our guilt) and not only for ours, but also for the sins of the whole world." -1 John 2:2
- "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16
We stand on the Bible.
- Jesus said, "Your Word is truth." -John 17:17
- "The Scripture cannot be broken." -John 10:35
- "The Scriptures testify about me." -John 5:39
Pastor Phil Kieselhorst has a Masters Degree in Divinity from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary. He has been a pastor for 20 years and has served congregations in Europe, Oklahoma, and now Westminster, CO. Pastor has been serving SVL since 2008. He is married and has 2 children. He enjoys basketball, baseball, and soccer